V&F Newsletter 02 2014 - 8 August 2014 - nur in Englisch erhältlich!
Welcome to the new release of our V&F Newsletter – a service of the V&F Analyse- und Messtechnik Team!
In this newsletter we inform you about the following topics:
- Mass Flow Controller based dilution system available
- AK-Interface for GasOxidizer available
- Heated Rheodyne filter unit available
Mass Flow Controller based dilution system available
In some applications the concentration of the measured components are quite high. In such cases the MFC based Dilution System - an add-on product for the V&F process mass spectrometers equipped with a capillary inlet - could be used. It allows a dilution of the sample gas down to a factor of 20.
This is realized with an integrated mass flow controller, which adds a dilution gas to the sample gas by injecting it between outer and central capillary. The only prerequisite for the use of this solution is constant pressure at the sampling point.
Available standard dilution steps (futher upon request):
The advantages are:
- Hardware (MFC and filter) is completely integrated inside of the analyzer
- Adjustment of the dilution steps is fully software controlled
- The dilution rate can easily be selected in each setup
- Even switching of dilution rates within one setup is possible (see figure)
MFC dilution system V&F article number 800387.
AK-Interface for GasOxidizer available
The V&F GasOxidizer can be controlled manually by using the V&F GasOxidizer software. The later runs on any Windows PC that is connected via a USB or an Ethernet cable. In some cases the customer would like to operate the V&F GasOxidizer in an AK-environment by their AK-master system.
This is now possible by using the brand new AK-interface for GasOxidizer!
- GasOxidizer can be operated within an AK-environment
- No additional hardware required
- Easy software installation on any standard Windows PC
The AK-interface has been included in the latest version of the V&F GasOxidizer software that acts as an AK-slave. You just need to order a software license (V&F article number 800355) and implement the new AK instructions in the AK-master system.
You can find more information about the AK instruction set in the V&F GasOxidizer AK Software Manual.
Heated Rheodyne filter unit available
For some applications the small Rheodyne sinter filters (discs with a diameter of 6.4 mm and a thickness of 1.6mm) are a good solution.
The advantages of these filters are:
- Very low dead volume
- Nearly no loss in T90 time
These filters can be used with any V&F analyzer equipped with a capillary gas inlet system.
Heated Rheodyne filter unit
V&F article number 800388