The analysis of human respiration - breath gas analysis - for the purpose of medical diagnostics is a non-invasive method with a big future potential. The method will play an important role in the early diagnosis as well as with the monitoring of the course of a desease.
The exhalation of humans already gave way to conclusions on their physical status. One example is the alcometer for testing the driver's condition.
Well-established applications are
- Propofol monitoring in exhaled breath
- Workplace monitoring
- Differentiation of liver diseases
- Monitoring of oxidative stress in ARDS
- Peri- and postoperative monitoring
- Sports medicine
- Monitoring of insulin resistence
- Microbiology differentiation and early detection of bacteria